Sunday, February 8, 2009

Holy Snoogle!

Why in the world am I so stubborn? Perhaps its because the woman on the package was wearing footie pajamas as an adult. Perhaps it was because the thing looks ridiculous. Or because I thought myself far too practical to buy a curly q pillow that was surely no more effective than just strategically aligning 3-4 regular pillows at night. Or because I thought $52.99 was better spent elsewhere (like dinner out with Douglas or a cute post-maternity skirt for when I get my ankles back).

Whatever my reasons, I went approximately 39 weeks without a body pilllow. People really started recommending i get one in the past month or so when I started showing up to work looking like death warmed over because I make approximately 3 bathroom trips in the middle of the night, plus the obligatory wake up, role over, readjust and go back to sleep another 3-4 times a night. This is not to mention the pathetic cat-like moaning sounds I've been making. Doug said I sound like a house pet that's been hit by a moving car. Clearly my overly pregnant body and sleep seemed incompatible. 

But no0o0o0o0o... I only have 4 weeks to go... 3 weeks... 2 weeks... 1 week and finally I couldn't take it anymore. With only one week until my due date I broke down (so much for will power!) and bought the stupid pillow. Only it's not a stupid pillow. It's a miracle pillow. Silly Elizabeth. I'm officially buying one for every good friend who gets pregnant from now on. Yes, an expensive congratulatory gift, but can you really put too high a premium on a decent night's prenatal sleep? I'd say no... no you cannot:-) 

1 comment:

Karen said...

I bet if you got the footie pajamas, you would sleep even better!