Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A fabulous pre-baby night on the town.




On Friday afternoon (the day before Valentine's Day, two days before miss Avery was due) I came home from work to find Douglas packing the manwagon with our hospital bag, the stroller and my snoogle. He confiscated my laptop and iPhone and we jumped in the car for a surprise prebaby evening on the town. He booked us a room in an historic B&B downtown, then we saw an Oscar contender at The Westhampton Theater and had dinner at Edo Squid. All in all, an amazing (and thoughtful) evening out - just the two of us.

When we got back to the inn, we sat on the porch off our room where Douglas smoked a celebratory cigar and we talked about what life would be like with a baby while we drink the left over Chianti on the unseasonably warm February evening (don't worry - just a single glass for me). But my favorite surprise of the evening? My push present:-). Of course, I can't wear it until after Avery is born, so more to come on that.

All that is to share that it was an incredible surprise from my incredible husband. The only thing more exciting than our romantic night together is the thought of what a great dad he is going to be. I'm sure that won't be our last date night by any stretch, but it was a nice way to spend our last weekend before Avery is born. 

No comments: