Friday, January 16, 2009

The charm of being consistently inconsistent

I know, i know. It's been almost two months since my last blog post. That's only slightly better than Doug, who jump started his blog again this week after not writing for a quarter of a year. 

The most consistent thing about the two of us is our inconsistency. Which is ironic, given that we keep hearing about how important consistency is in parenting. Babies need schedules, kids need boundaries, etc. I'm sure I'll buy a bunch of books on the topic only to read the first 60 pages. Or better yet, I'll read the books in their entirety, come up with a plan on how to implement consistency into our lives/parenting, etc. and then fail to follow through on day one. 

Any advice for us chaos loving parents to be?

No comments: