Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Babby baggin it is cooler than it seems.

Truly random. It turns out we're a Fleurville family. Upon first "popping" Doug and I visited It's Hip to be Round (www.itshiptoberound.com), a fabulous maternity store in Carytown (www.carytown.org). Brilliantly, they have a "man room" where expectant fathers can escape racks of designer denim with stretchy waists for a bit of solitude, soda and of course, sports. This means less whining (and fewer opinions on the price of those True Religion maternity jeans) from the dad upstairs. Genius.

What's also genius, is their tasteful placement of products for men in their little retreat. T-shirts that say "my boys can swim" and of course the dude diaper bag (referenced in my last post). We have a good friend who dutifully carries his daughter's diaper bag around - one obviously picked by mom - lime green and bright blue with a nice girly print. Doug was a little more resistant to that set up. So imagine his delight to find a cool gray bag with testosterone written all over bottle pouch. It's by Fleurville, who touts "essential designs for modern parenting."

Imagine my surprise, when a few weeks later my good friend Kristen sends me this email: "Go to http://fleurville.com and pick your baby bag. It's a gift from me and KW." Never having perused their non-dude products, I had no idea what was in store. Not only are the bags carried by celebs like Heidi Klum, they're created with environmentally friendly materials, but their super cute printed fabrics resist moisture and UV rays. Super. Anyway, I picked mine out (after a friend advised me that the diaper bag should ideally match the stroller) and it's pictured above.

GET EXCITED!!!!:-) 

No comments: